Wednesday, September 8, 2010

IN CONTACT....

For the last few days (of course we sent the application over a holiday weekend, dumb planning) I have been trying to get a hold of the foster care social worker for FBCH.  They are currently in the process of hiring a new social worker for the Lakeland area. So for now the poor social worker in Orlando is taking care of her area AND Lakeland...I can't imagine how over worked she must be.  Anyways, she was able to find time yesterday to send me an email and she was SO sweet.  She told me that as soon as she gets the application she will review and present it to the supervisor for "approval" once approved we will be in the holding pattern waiting for MAPP's classes to start.  Im feeling so anxious to get the ball rolling and I have about a million questions in my head for this poor lady.  However, I know that  the MAPP's classes will answer ALL of them so Ill just keep letting them pile up and see what happens during training.

I know a lot of you might be thinking we are a little bit crazy for doing this.  And maybe somedays I think we are a little bit crazy too but in the next few posts Ill answer some general questions that people have been asking me.  I figure it will be easier to keep everyone updated on here than re-telling the story over and over again! =)

Leslie

No comments: