Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beautiful Exchange....

Holy are you God, Holy is your name, with everything I've got - my heart will sing - HOW I LOVE YOU....

Tomorrow, December 9th, 2010 we will finish our Mapp classes.  This will take us one step closer to our final destination of becoming foster parents. It's been a wonderful 10 weeks.  We have met some pretty amazing selfless people in our class.  People full of hope and love for others, people full of joy and happiness but most of all people who love Jesus.

If I told you I wasn't scared of what is to come, I would be lying.  I lay awake some nights thinkings of all the what if's.   Thinking of how I will handle certain situations.  And sometimes I go to bed grieving a life that I know I will be leaving behind for the sake of the kingdom.  However, the bible doesn't say to step out in the faith - but only if you are 100% confident you will not be hurt, that your family will not be hurt, that you will not lose some sort of self in the process.  No, the bible says to take care of the orphans.  In David Platt's book Radical he says this "Why do we assume that if it's risky, unsafe, or costly it can't be God's will....when in reality it just might be?" Taking care of others is not simply a choice we are 'aloud' to make.  It's a command.

Over the last few months I have heard the good, the bad and the ugly from many people.  Some have been burned by the system and some have only wonderful and joy filled stories to share with me.  I have no idea what our story will be - I just pray that God will use us to love on some of his precious children.  I pray that our story will inspire others to open up there hearts and their homes.  And maybe - just maybe - I will lose a little bit of "me" in the process.

What's next?  Well we have a mountain of paper work to get started on.  Then once it's finished we will start the home studies.  Our social worker would like to have us finished with everything by the end of January.  We are asking for your continued prayers and support as we take the biggest steps of faith we have ever taken.  God we trust you....

Leslie

No comments: