Monday, May 9, 2011

7w5d - First OB appointment tomorrow!


I'm so darn excited about being released from my fertility doctor in Orlando last Thursday (sorry I didn't post sooner, but we went on a weekend trip to Disney for Mother's Day).  I got another great picture of the twins.  Both were measuring exactly the same length and both had heart rates of 150 (boys?).   Here is the latest picture of the sweeties.....


Tomorrow is my first real OB appointment with Dr. Mammel and I'm super excited.  I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I'm having TWINS.  I truly never thought it would happen to me.  I mean of course I always KNEW there was a chance doing IVF, but still the chances are slim.  I have to admit I did have a grieving period after we found out.  It wasn't that I wasn't SUPER excited about the babies but I also know what is coming.  Seeing as how I have had two babies before I know exactly what to expect and to be honest with you, it's scary.  Having twins may "look fun" but trust me, it's almost more work than one person can bare ha-ha.  Not to mention the fact that carrying twins is NOT easy.  My biggest fear (that I'm completely giving to God) is making it to full term.  I know that keeping the babies in as long as I can is SO important and so keeping myself healthy is what I'm most focused on at this point.  God will take of the babies and I, I have to believe and trust in that.

I have a million questions for my OB tomorrow.  I hope he is ready for me ;).   More to come soon....

Leslie

No comments: