Friday, February 17, 2012

WOW...it's been a long time....

Well the twins are 3 months old now and we are finally on an awesome schedule.  I feel like I have SO much to say about what a great experience having twins has been but I'll try and keep it short for now.  I'll be back to blogging more now that I actually have a few minutes to myself during set "nap times."

The babies are doing SO SO well.  First off they are HUGE.  Nolan is now in 6 month clothing and Nora isn't too far behind.  They eat 4 to 5 ounces every 3 hours and go to bed at 7 sleep until 3/4am then go back down after a bottle for another 4/5 hours.  I have some awesome little sleepers and I give all the credit of that to my awesome nanny, Marina.  She is the freaking baby whisper - I swear.  I ADORE her.  She will be leaving us in April and I'm very sad but she's on to her next set of twins in California....oh the life of a baby nurse ;).

Nolan is such a ham.  He has the sweetest smile, when he smiles his whole body smilies.  My first son is such a joy in my life I can't imagine my life without him.  I can tell he is going to be pretty laid back - he's a great baby.  Nora is also a wonderful baby.  She only cries when she's tried of hungry.  She also just started smiling and it melts a momma's heart to see her sweet face light up.  She is the spitting image of Ella (minus the red hair) and is so tiny and sweet.  I think she is going to be pretty laid back too - like her daddy.

Speaking of Daddy - my husband is one amazing father.  He blows me away.  He works so hard all week, tons of nights, tons of emotionally draining work (working for a church) but always comes home with a smile.  Always comes home willing and wanting to please his children and me.  He is the best father and husband I could ask for - God is good.  Brett is starting classes to be come an ordained minister this summer and I couldn't be more proud of him.  He is so smart, sweet and kind.  He has a humble heart and big talent.  I just know that God is working on big things for his life.  Maybe we will end up in Haiti one day as missionaries...maybe we will stay right where we are.  Whatever it is, I love that my husband has a open heart to follow God's direction.

I wanted to add the monthly pictures of the twins from birth to 3 months so you can get an idea of how much they have grown.  It's pretty amazing if you ask me! =)





Leslie

No comments: