Sunday, July 1, 2012

Are we going to Die in our Religion? Or are we going to die in our Devotion?

This except from a sermon preached by David Platt a few years ago has ROCKED my WORLD today (the video is linked below).  I can not get it out of my head.

Two days ago my husband and I sat at our dining room table in our “new” house after a particularly emotional day/week.  As we talked he broke down.  Our church, our family, our lives, and our “things” are not enough and they never will be.  You see, we are at the top.  And the top does not satisfy like the “American Dream” promises.  Our serving others in need (like our churches should do) and our Devotion to God is the only thing that will truly satisfy our hunger.  This quote comes to mind and I think speaks directly to this issue;

Are we settling for Christianity that revolves around catering to ourselves when the central message of Christianity is actually about abandoning ourselves?”   -DP

If you have 4 minutes to spare, please watch this video, it will change you.





Leslie

p.s.: We go to Haiti in 20 days, please keep us in your prayers as we prepare for whats in store.  And please, particularly pray for my vertigo as we go - it sometimes acts up when I am at different altitudes.

No comments: