Monday, September 26, 2011

Doctor Appointment Today - 28 weeks

Well tomorrow I'm 28 weeks pregnant.  This is a VERY good thing.  With each month pregnant the babies hit HUGE milestones - it's a huge sigh of relief to get this far.  Well today was my last visit with my regular OB, he is going to be out until November.  I can't believe he is leaving during this crazy time in my pregnancy but I'm really just praying for his safety and hope he can get back to work asap.  I know I will be in good hands with the other OB's at the practice but I think everyone can agree that your own doctor always makes you feel better.  So - God speed Dr. Mammel you are in my prayers.

Today was my gestational diabetes test.  I really don't think that drink is gross haha I guess I'm a freak of nature.  I will find out if I pass or not in a few days I'm sure.  I didn't really ask when I'll hear....I guess I'm just not worried.   We also talked in great length about the birth and this is the plan for now.  As long as everything goes well and I don't go into labor on my own I will be scheduling a c-section at 37 weeks which puts the birthday at November 29th.  If I DO go into labor on my own and the babies are both head down I will attempt a vaginal birth.  So that's the plan as of now and we will just go with the flow.  It feels good to have a goal date I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel haha.  Hard to believe that the max amount of time I will be pregnant is 9 weeks exactly.  WOW.  I'm so excited and ready to get this show on the road! =))

Here is a picture from today!  The belly is out of control...yes I know this! =)

No comments: