Friday, July 18, 2014

Late night purge...

Well, a lot as happened since I posted last. Let's see;

1. I started Pentecostal Theology (my 4th Masters level class at SEU).

2.  I started Christian Education for All Ages with the Nazarene Bible Institute (class for my course of study to become an ordained pastor in the Nazarene church).

3.  I've been out to Carver a few times this summer. Today, I was able to witness an HIV-positive young man come to trust in The Lord and our ministry(a year+ in the making). Carver Ministries was able to get him on a train right away to New York (complete with a months worth of phone time, new shoes, shorts, shirts, socks etc. Because he literally only had rags, as he was homeless at Carver) to get him the medical help and shelter that he needs with Catholic Charities.

God was able to get this young, medically fragile, and forgotten young man out of Carver and into hands that love him. He finally understood he is worth it. His life matters. His past, so horrific that no human should have to endure. There is nothing that can replace the moments I got to witness today. Nothing. I don't care how famous or special or cool or popular you are - being humbled by your savior reminds you that being the lowest of the low is where we truly belong. Lord remind me again and again "lower still," so low that people will never know the name of Carver or Leslie or Jessie but only know the ministry as, the place God dwells.  The place that God revived from the deep grasp of Satan himself.

4. My sweet hubby heads too Africa in two weeks for 17 days. So I'm home alone with the kiddos. Pray for me  and pray for Brett as he works, witnesses, and loves.  My prayer for him is that he comes back never to be the same. Never ever.

5.  My dad has been suffering a lot with his liver tube that's hanging off his side collecting his bile while they stretch his bile duct for the 3rd time in a year. It's hard to watch your dad suffer. He's so brave. He's lived eight years past diagnosis of pancreatic cancer (pretty much not even physically possible) I'm pretty sure my dad is cooler than yours ;).  No, but seriously, my relationship with my dad hit an all time low a few months ago and since then we have been on a steady incline upwards. We talk almost every day now. If I were to be honest with myself, I would say this - I was too scared to get too close to him. I was afraid that if I did, he would be taken away, and I would be left in shambles.  But God has shown me that no matter what happens to my dad it's my job to love him where he is, which is on this earth. I'm embracing that and believing more and more that he just might actually live. It's taken me eight years to believe that.

6.  My children are crazy, funny, challenging and well crazy (did I say that already?) true story. Kate and Ella are obsessed with their new American Girl dolls that they saved their money to buy (way to go girls). And Nolan and Nora are well...two-year-old twins....you can imagine that, can't you?

7.  I'm leading two classes at Highland Park Church this fall. I'm excited and nervous.

8.  I'm going to NYC in October with two sweet high school friends. I cannot wait. Girl time is pretty special, and I'm so grateful for friends that go the distance with me. Those friends are few and far between.

So that's the latest in the exciting life of the Blondell family, party of 6.



Leslie

No comments: