Tuesday, August 9, 2011

21 weeks

Well the sweet prayers of all my faithful friends must have worked because this has been a MUCH better week than weeks 19 and 20.  I'm not going to jump up and down just yet considering things with me seem to change hourly.  But its been really nice having a decent week without tons and tons of pain.  I'm praying this good run will last at least a few weeks.  I went to the doctor yesterday (no ultrasound just a normal apt) and I'm measuring 25 weeks.  So this puts me about 4 weeks ahead of what a normal singleton belly would measure.  I'm happy with that, not too big, not too small and the doctor is pleased too.  I've now gained 18/19lbs (depends on what time a day you weigh me haha) and I'm also happy about that too.  Thats all the baby updates I have for now! =)

My sweet husband has been in Africa for the last week and a half and I'm SO excited that he will be home Saturday.  I feel like he has been gone forever.  I'm so excited to hear all of the stories and see the pictures he has taken. I know he will forever be changed.  How could he not?  When you go on things like this and see how the rest of the world lives it really opens up your eyes.  The verse at the top of my blog page comes to mind;

Prov. 24:12....once our eyes are opened we can not pretend we do not know what to do.  God, who weights our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act.

I love everything about that verse. It's convicting and humbling and honestly makes me pretty darn uncomfortable most of the time.  God knows that Brett and I were in the middle of becoming foster parents when we got pregnant with the twins.  Pushing back our foster children plans by at least 3 years.  The thought of that is depressing and sad but I also know that God has big plans for these twins, how could he not?   We know that we will get back to the place we once were after the twins are born and be able to bring another child into our home to love and care for through the foster care system.  We have to trust God's timing and trust his path for our lives.  I could go on forever about this but thinking about the what-if's and what could have been is pointless.  God is in control and once again he reminds me that HE IS GOD and I AM NOT.

Thank you Lord for loving me through this storm.

Leslie

No comments: