Saturday, January 22, 2011

Susie Shellenberger = awesomeness (is that a word?)

Yes, I know this is my second post of the day but I felt like I needed to bring this back around to God and his awesome power of peace and grace.

After leaving the doctors office a total wreck.  I came home a total wreck.  I cried, fought with God, tried to figure out my next step RIGHT AWAY and I was ()this close to not going to church tonight because I was physically and emotionally spent.  Well, for some reason God gave me the extra push tonight and I went.  He KNEW I needed to hear the message.  And once again - he came like the rain, he ALWAYS does (see this trend yet? haha).   Listening to my husband lead worship is always a treat for me and Highland Park has been such an awesome place for Brett and I to grow. We truly have some amazing Pastors on staff.  But tonight was different, we had a guest speaker and her name is Susie Shellenberger. For some reason God put her in my life at the right time.  I could go on for hours telling you what she preached were the words that God knew I needed to hear, but I won't.   It's times like these where I think God just likes to show his awesome power.  At the end of her sermon she said one thing that really hit it home for me.  And I'll leave it at this....

Lord, help me to remember that YOU are God and I am NOT.



Leslie

No comments: