Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A surprise beta today......

Well today I got a surprise beta blood draw.  I've been VERY sick the last few days with a bad sore throat, fever, and over all feeling that I've been hit by a truck haha.  I called my regular OB because I'm in the "in between" stage of not being released by my RE (fertility dr) and not being able to really go see my primary care doctor.  Anyways, Dr. Mammel sent me to urgent care to get a throat swab, a few tests and also ordered another beta blood draw.  He wanted one after I told him about my bleeding last week.  I got the call about 4:00 with the results.

Just to recap the levels before:

9 days past a 5 day transfer - 238
11 days past a 5 day transfer - 405

And today -
15 days past a 5 day transfer - 2,625

If you go by the betas doubling every 48hrs (which is standard) then my betas went WAY above and beyond that.  I was expecting about 1,600 so I was very pleasantly surprised by the great number!

This will at least put my mind to ease waiting for my first ultrasound on Monday of next week!  Can't wait!  Thanks everyone for your prayers and support the last few months - I couldn't have done it without my sweet friends being SO supportive and of course all the wonderful prayers by family and friends!

No comments: