Wednesday, March 30, 2011

IVF #2 - Day 29 - EGG RETRIEVAL DAY!

Total Shot Count - 46

After my panic post (below) I'm feeling so much better haha.  For whatever reason my ovaries went from SUPER full to me feeling NOTHING in just a 24hr period.  This worried me so badly I think I only slept about 3 hrs last night.  I'm so grateful for two sweet friends who were up VERY early this morning to help talk me off the ledge.  God has blessed me so much with such amazing friends I have no words except "thank you" for all the love the support I have been given.  I couldn't have gotten this far without them.

Today was egg retrieval day.  We got up at 5:30am to make the 1:15min drive to the doctor to be there by 7:30am.  When I got there they took me right back and had me change.  They had my IV in within 20 mins and then they let Brett come back to sit with me until I was taken to the OR.  I was a nervous wreck while I was waiting and the nurses knew it ha-ha.  They did their best to calm me down and were so so sweet.  Once in the OR I was asleep within 30 seconds.  I remember laughing my head off and the doctor joking with me saying, no laughing in here...then boom - I was out.  The next thing I remember was waking up in recovery and being told they got 11 EGGS!  I couldn't believe it.  I was so happy.  My goal was to have between 10 and 15 eggs and sure enough thats exactly what I got.  I couldn't be more thrilled.

Tomorrow morning around 9:00 am I will get the phone call telling me how many eggs where mature and then went on to be fertilized.  Depending my number of embryos and how well they are growing I will have my Egg Transfer either Saturday morning, Sunday morning or Monday morning.  Either way is fine with me but I won't know until the morning of the transfer what day it will be.

I'm just looking forward to this being over and being able to relax.  I'm grateful to have finally gotten to this point and I'm grateful for my sweet friends and husband who have held my hand the whole way.  Thank you Lord for this amazing chance at another baby.  Your will be done...

Leslie

1 comment:

Casey and Sarah said...

Keep on the journey, Les! It is beautiful even when heartbreaking! You are going to be an incredible mother to the children God continues to give you - I fully believe God is still going to grow your family, in one way or another ! Love you sweet one! Keep inspiring!!
sarah