Thursday, March 24, 2011

IVF#2 - Day 23

Total Shot Count - 33

Side Effects - I'm feeling very "full" today.  I've had acid reflux and a pounding headache the past two days.  I'm also pretty tired today.  Emotionally I'm holding strong but I am starting to become a little more worried about everything going on.

Today I went to the doctor at 8:00am.  It was an easy drive today and I was able to relax and listen to some praise and worship songs...it was a great morning with my God.  When I got there they first drew my blood to check in estrogen (E2) level.  Then they did an ultrasound.  I had 27 follicles between the two ovaries.  Things looked really good but they do worry a lot about me "overstimulating" because of how many follicles I am growing though.  Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome (OHSS) can be very dangerous and you can end up in the hospital with some pretty bad stuff if you are not careful.  So when the nurse called me to tell me the results of my blood work she told me the E2 was 990 (which is pretty high) and that when I go back on Saturday I will be starting on a diet to help ward off OHSS.  I have to admit I am worried that I'll over stim and they will have to cancel the cycle because of this but God is in control.  There is nothing that I can do at this point but pray and trust God to take of me.  He already knows this outcome and I have to keep reminding myself that.

Please keep me in your prayers as things start to come to the end.  Looking forward for more answers on Saturday.

Leslie

No comments: